Scouting offers a suitably scaled, balanced programme of personal development, fun and adventure for everyone and all people are welcome to become a member, irrespective of their race, faith or mental of pysical ability. Due to the popularity of our Group, it has become necessary to introduce an admissions policy. This is to ensure that we operate a balanced Group within each of the sections and that the waiting list is administered in a fair and consistent manner at all times.
Please find listed below the criteria that will be used, once your child is added to our waiting list:
- Once we have all the required information about your child, (name, DOB, address, contact details etc.) they will be added to the bottom of the list, relevant to their age group/section.
- There are 3 intake periods each year; these are January, Easter and September. Your child will be able to join the relevant section at these times, after their birthday has occurred and once a place is available.
- Your child can only be added to the waiting list if they are over 5 years.
- If your child has not been offered a place in the section they have applied for, they will automatically be transferred to the waiting list for the next section up, in date order according to the date they were placed on the waiting list.
- Prior to each intake period, the list will be reviewed and eligible children will be selected in strict order as they appear on the list. The only exceptions will be as follows:
- To ensure that we have a balanced Group of both boys and girls within each section, it may be necessary to select a child out of sequence from the waiting list.
- Children who move into the area, but have already been invested in their previous location, will be given priority places in accordance with Scout Association Policy.
- For those children who move into the area but are on the waiting list in their previous location, the waiting list application date from that location will be applied if the person responsible for the waiting list can be contacted. Otherwise the child will be added to the end of the waiting list.
- Children, whose parents have undertaken a leadership role with one of the sections i.e. in uniform and gained their warrant, will be able to join once they reach the correct age.
We hope that this clarifies how your child will progress on our waiting list. If you have any queries regarding our admissions policy or indeed any other questions, then please do not hesitate to contact us.